Gold standard whey protein, The sports nutrition industry’s whey protein powder represents the gold standard of protein quality. Made in GMP compliant company owned and operated facilities in the USA., Gold Standard 100% Whey uses pure Whey Protein Isolates as the primary ingredient. Combined with ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate, each serving provides 24 grams of all-whey protein and 5.5 grams of naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) which are prized by athletes for their muscle building qualities. With more than 20 tempting flavors to choose from, ONs Gold Standard 100% Whey gives you plenty of ways to keep workout recovery interesting.
Gold standard whey protein
Whey protein concentrate can be up to 80% pure protein by weight. By removing or isolating out much of the carbohydrates, fat, and lactose using sophisticated filtering technologies, whey protein isolate is up to 90% pure protein. A study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition tested the short-term exercise recovery benefits of this sports nutrition supplement.
After completing 4 sets for 10 reps on leg extension, leg press and leg flexion machines using 120% of maximum capacity, 17 untrained men consumed 1.5 grams of whey protein isolate per kilogram of body weight at intervals spread throughout each day for 2 weeks. Some received a carbohydrate drink instead.
Knee extension strength was higher 3 and 7 days into recovery for subjects who consumed whey protein isolate compared to those who got carbohydrates. This suggests that whey isolate might help reduce the impairment of muscle forces during recovery from eccentric training.
Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder
- 24 grams of whey protein per serving with whey protein isolates as the primary ingredient and just 1 gram of sugar and 1 gram of fat
- 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs and over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving
- Whey Protein Micro fractions from Whey Protein Isolates & Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Use first thing in the morning, before/after exercise, or after weight training. Shelf Life:24 Months
- There is no seal inside the cap, the product has a plastic shrink wrap seal around the cap (outside) for protection from contamination
- On all the protein tubs you will find blue inkjet printing listing a manufacturer date, expiration date, and batch code. There may be a slight difference with the actual product and the images displayed
- How to use: Mix 1 scoop in 6-8 fluid ounces of cold water, milk, or beverage of choice. For best results, mix up your shake 30-60 minutes after your workout, or have it as an anytime snack in your balanced, high-protein diet.
Optimum Nutrition Quality
While it’s true that ON is one of the world’s largest producers of sports nutrition products, we remain focused on being recognized as the best. Our requirements for raw materials are so strenuous that it’s not unusual for ON Quality Assurance Technicians to reject entire truckloads of raw materials that do not meet our high standards.
Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard
The Gold Standard for Protein Quality
Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) are the purest form of whey protein that currently exists. WPIs are costly to use, but rate among the best proteins that money can buy. That’s why they’re the first ingredient you read on the Gold Standard Whey label. By using WPI as the primary ingredient along with premium ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate (WPC), we’re able to pack 24 grams of protein into every serving to support your muscle building needs after training.
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) Main Ingredient
- Whey Protein Microfractions from Whey Protein Isolates & Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Over 4 grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in each serving
- More than 5 grams of the naturally occurring branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in each serving
|Optimum Nutrition has a history of setting one of the high standards for quality. Each shake mixes up effortlessly using just a glass and spoon, and tastes consistently good, shake after shake.|
First thing in the morning.Before exercise.After exercise.
|The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of muscle protein synthesis. A whey protein shake consumed before or after exercise helps kick-start this recovery process.|
|ON Whey||Whey Gold Standard||Platinum Hydro Whey|
|Features||Most versatile||Most popular||Purest whey|
|Purpose||All purpose protein mixes easily||The ‘Gold standard’ for protein quality||Lactose free fast digestion|
|Calories per serving||110 Calories||120 Calories||140 Calories|
|Protein per serving||22g Protein||24g Protein||30g Protein|
|Primary source||Contains: whey protein concentrate||Contains: primarily whey protein isolates||Contains: Hydrolyzed whey protein isolates|